The newest build of V-Ray 1.5 Service Pack 3 or build 1.50.SP3 is available for download.
The upgrade is free of charge for all current V-Ray customers, and can be downloaded here:
V-Ray 1.5 Service Pack 3 is compatible with Autodesk 3ds Max 6.xx/7.xx/8.xx/9.xx/2008/2009 as well as Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2009. Both 32-bit and 64-bit OS are supported.
New features include:
- Linear Workflow;
- Mesh-based lights;
- V-Ray light material as direct light;
- V-Ray Fog environmental effect;
- Vector Displacement;
- Import Proxy as mesh;
- Support for Max Arch & Design materials;
- Region Rendering directly in VFB.
Improved features include:
- Irradiance map – further reduction in flicker in animations;
- Camera Overrides now work with Physical Cam;
- Render Elements – MultiMatte, VRayExtraTex and VRayZDepth work with transperancy;
- DR Improvements – support for the incremental modes of the irradiance map;
- New SSS material for better and faster rendering – V-Ray Fast SSS2.