White Box Technologies Announces the Establishment of a Center for Open Source Building Simulationsby Jens Voshage on Jan 21, 2010 • 18:11 No Comments
White Box Technologies announced its intention to establish a non-profit Center for Open Source Building Energy Simulations (COSBES).
White Box Technologies is an international firm pooling together significant expertise of experienced engineers, architects, building physicists, and building modelers. With offices in 4 states we bring together high levels of expertise in:
- Building energy simulation (EnergyPlus, DOE-2 including interfaces VisualDOE and eQUEST, prototypical buildings, and worldwide weather data)
- Daylighting and airflow analysis (Radiance, CFD)
- Sustainable building design support services, including commissioning, building performance monitoring / evaluation, LEED certification, and tax credit evaluation.
- Technical assistance supporting sustainable building policies including: building energy codes worldwide, training, weather data development.
- Training and Computer tools, including training in use of energy simulation tools, design tools, computer-based education tools, professional continuing energy education
Current and new projects include:
- Building energy simulations for LEED using eQuest and EnergyPlus (ongoing)
- Simulation analysis of residential and commercial buildings in China and India (ongoing since 1999)
- ASHRAE RP-1477 “Development of 2,500 typical-year weather files for international locations” (Oct 07 – Mar 09)
- Developing new standard weather files for the California Energy Commission (start Jan 09)
- Assist in the development and revision of Chinese building energy standards (since Oct 2000)
- Assist the development and implementation of a Chinese window energy rating system (since 2002)
- Assist China Ministry. of Construction to establish energy benchmark for public buildings (since July 07)
The website is still under construction, nevertheless check it out and stay tuned for updates ..