“RhinoBIM is a suite of a number of planned plug-ins to enhance Rhino 5.0 for the Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industries. Developed by Virtual Build Technologies LLC, the first module now available is called RhinoBIM Structure, for 3D structure modeling, Clash & Clear analysis and structural analysis.
Using Rhino 5.0’s new light extrusion technology, RhinoBIM Structure builds 3D structural design elements that are much lighter in data weight significantly decreasing model size.
With the light database the Clash & Clear analysis finds errors within seconds and there is no need to export the model to another program to perform the analysis.
This work-in-progress version is nearly feature complete and the final version is expected to be released later this year.
RhinoBIM Structure Features:
- Robust tools for adding and editing structural steel beams
- Extensive library of steel shapes, including international standards
- User definable steel shapes
- Assign materials, attributes, and process treatments to each element
- Extract data for downstream application, including structural analysis, detailing, cost estimating, scheduling, staging, and fabrication
- Very fast Clash & Clear analysis
- Very large model support using new Rhino 5.0 technology
Additional Structural Analysis features provided by This Point On Software
- Automatic meshing
- Commercial and freeware solver options, including ANSYS
- Full pre and post processors within the Rhino modeling environment
The first tool of the RhinoBIM suite of products has been released as a Work-In-progress (WIP). You must be signed up as a member of RhinoBIM in order to download the WIP and give it a test drive.”
Is there any collaboration features like IFC, so you can share the work with other platforms like Revit or ArchiCAD?