The IFC exporter for Revit 2013 contains up-to-date improvements on the default IFC export capabilities of Revit contributed by Autodesk and our Open Source contributors. While this app is not necessary for IFC support, it is recommended that users that depend on the quality of their IFC export download this app and keep it up-to-date, as new enhancements and defect fixes are added, For more information on IFC, please visit the buildingSMART website (http://buildingsmart.org) or the Revit wiki (http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu).
The Revit IFC Export Alternate UI 2013 application provides an alternate user interface for the export of IFC files from Revit 2013. This new user interface offers additional options not provided in the standard Revit user interface, and provides the ability to store setup configurations into the Revit model for reuse.
You can get both via Autodesk Exchange:
IFC Exporter for Revit 2013 (v2.7):
IFC Export Alternate UI for Revit 2013 (v1.7):
What’s new for IFC Exporter for Revit 2013 v2.7:
- Consistent support across elements of Name, Description, and ObjectType overrides. Added a Tag override and some entity specific parameter support (e.g. CapacityByWeight, CapacityByNumber, LandTitleNumber, SpaceElevationWithFlooring).
- Consistent usage across element types of ApplicableOccurence and ElementType overrides.
- IFC property names can now be localized, based on the language of the Revit project file. See PSet_WallCommon as an example.
- Support better interface for inputing IFC File Header and Postal Address data. This is in conjunction with v1.7.0 of the UI.
- Fix issue for some slabs that had their inner and outer boundaries reversed.
- Include IfcSite boundary information when there is only one Revit Site element.
What’s new for IFC Export Alternate UI for Revit 2013 v1.7:
- Added new “FMHandOver” view configuration.
- Added UI for specifying FILE_HEADER and IfcPostalAddress information. This information is used by Exporter v2.7.0.