The Impact Estimator is a free and compliant whole building Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) software for architects and designers seeking the Whole Building LCA credits in LEEDv4, Green Globes, the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), and the California Green Building Standard Code (CALGreen).
Requiring no special expertise to use, the software allows construction industry professionals to explore the environmental footprint of different material choices and core-and-shell system options. It provides a cradle-to-grave life cycle inventory profile for a whole building, reflecting the flows from and to nature: energy and raw materials flows plus emissions to air, water and land.
Version 5 of the Impact Estimator for Buildings offers a number of new materials users have been asking for, including green roofs and insulated metal panels. Version 5 also includes a new location (Portland, Oregon), a variety of data updates (e.g., for electricity generation and consumption), and assembly changes.
Specifically for design teams seeking green building program LCA credits, the latest version of the Impact Estimator incorporates new Green Globes and LEED project level reports.
Version 5, available here, includes the following enhancements and updates:
- New green roof components available in roof envelope choices
- New insulated metal panel options for both roofing materials and wall claddings
- New concrete block size options available in extra basic materials
- New location – Portland, Oregon – selectable from among 17 North American locations/regions
- New tables and graphs reporting in accordance with the latest whole building LCA standards
- New Green Globes and LEED v4 project level and comparison reports
- New Bill of Materials by Assembly Group report
- Updated wide flange section beam algorithms
- Updated purchased electricity profiles on a regional, national and North American inter-tie level
- Updated transportation by truck profiles
Find out more detail on enhancements and updates on the Athena Institute website …